Re: DEQNA info

>>>          /*
>>>           * How is the DEQNA turned in ALLMULTI mode???
>>>           * Until someone tells me, fall back to PROMISC when more than
>>>           * 12 ethernet addresses.
>>>           */

>>> I have a digital copy of EK-DEQNA-UG-001 from bitsavers which
>>> appears to answer this question [...]

>> [...], but anyway, Ragge is well aware of what the documentation
>> says, [...]

> [T]his was many years ago, [...] I do not remember the specifics.
> I had the same docs that are on bitsavers though.

Okay.  My apologies for doubting!

I may dig out a DEQNA and experiment more myself at some point; I can
make my simulation match what the ROM code and the kernel are
expecting, but I'd like to at least know when I'm differing from the
real thing.  (I've actually considered running the simulator and the
real thing in parallel to detect differences, but that is probably
hopeless because of exact timing issues and the like.)

> Anyway, the DEQNA is a quite buggy animal, [...]

I don't think I'm going to try to be fully bug-compatible...unless I
run into some code that depends on such a bug. :-)

\ / Ribbon Campaign