> ./usr/libexec/postfix/virtual
> ./usr/mdec
> ./usr/mdec/boot
> ./usr/mdec/hpboot
> ./usr/mdec/raboot
> ./usr/mdec/rdboot
> ./usr/mdec/sdboot
> ./usr/mdec/xxboot
> start = 1, len = 5818, fs = /targetroot/usr
> offset=1590 1590
> cg 0
> panic: ffs_alloccg: map corrupted
>
> dump to dev 23,1 not possible
>
> Regards,
>
> Holm
> --

I've repeated this yesterday eavening one more time w/o any other things
than some fsck's before.
The -current crashes every time with this same panic, so it seems
something in the vm-system is going crazy here.
For my experiences the bug is the same on CVAX, Rigel and the NVAX,
since I had some ugly suprises too while installing the VS4000/90
but I have a somewhat running system (not used, last booted last year)
on this machine. At least the two VS3100's are running OpenBSD flawlessly
without any suprises.

What should I do?
I can put the M76 aside an get the M38 to verify Ragges question about the
behavior of the CVAX (IMHO the very same, but I'll try again).

I'm a good electronican and I rule my own business. Sometimes I'm
programming some embedded things, but debugging a VM System from a VAX is
beyound my possibilities, regardless of the needed time.
I would provide some fixes to the code, but for this it is neccessary that
the machines are at least able to compile some stuff.
That I don't know much from the internals of a VAX processor is another
thing..

If I can help I'll do this as good as I can, but "fix it yourself if you
need it" wouldn't work here. If no one from the VAX maintainers is jumping
in here, I'll put that stuff aside again, maybe trying next year..
From my Opinion is the state of the NetBSD VAX port at least to be called
"desolate".

So what now. Please no silence, I'll help but I don't want to be the only
one.

Regards,

Holm
  www.tsht.de, info%tsht.de@localhost, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741