NetBSD speed curiosities

Hi,

I'm still puzzled by one thing that perhaps someone could explain. The Dhrystone benchmark from pkgsrc should be pretty consistent due to its simplicity. However, my 4000/30 (VLC) with NetBSD 6, which by many sources is supposed to be 5 VUPs or so, only reports 2109 runs per second, which is only about 1.2 times faster than the runs per second of an 11/780.

A 4000/60, which is supposed to be about 12 VUPs, gives 16305 runs/sec, which is about 9.2 times faster than an 11/780.

Why is this? Is there some issue which makes code too large to run inside of the CVAX SOC's 6k of cache? Is anyone running NetBSD 1.5 or another old version who could get some more numbers?

John