Re: Curious about VAXstation VLC

On 2013-08-21 03:35, John Klos wrote:
Hi,

the CVAX SOC is basically a shrunk 78034, CFPA and 8KB of cache on a
single die. However, the dmesg from my VLC says it has 6KB of cache:

IIRC, they didn't shrink the cache, the older CVAX, CVAX+ had only
1k of cache.
The CVAX SOC got 6k of cache, I even found an VMS Manual which claims 5k for the 4000/vlc ;-)

cpu0 at mainbus0: KA48, SOC, 6KB L1 cache

Just curious - which is correct? Also, Bob's site says it's L2 cache but
NetBSD's dmesg calls it L1. Is the KA48 a newer version of the SOC?

No, it should/is L1 cache, in the SOC itself.

Here's that machine with dmesg:
http://vax.zia.io/

WOW! The SCSI/FLASH adapter works in the VLC?
I tried them in a 4000/90, and didn't have any luck.

Cheers