Port-vax archive

Re: Userland emulator

On 2013-03-26 01:03, Rhialto wrote:
On Tue 26 Mar 2013 at 00:45:23 +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
The VVAX (Virtual VAX) addes three instructions (WAIT, PROBEVMR and
PROBEVMW), adds one bit to the PSL (telling it's executing in
virtual mode), and changes the behaviour of a lot of stuff if you
are in virtual mode, as well as having a fake PSL for the virtual

Ah, googling for those instructions gave me the paper
(Virtualizing the VAX Architecture - CiteSeerX). Seems quite interesting
(I just started reading it).

Well, you could just read the VARM as well...

Chapter 12 is about the VVAX.