Re: Userland emulator

On Tue 26 Mar 2013 at 00:45:23 +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> The VVAX (Virtual VAX) addes three instructions (WAIT, PROBEVMR and
> PROBEVMW), adds one bit to the PSL (telling it's executing in
> virtual mode), and changes the behaviour of a lot of stuff if you
> are in virtual mode, as well as having a fake PSL for the virtual
> machine.

Ah, googling for those instructions gave me the paper
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.137.3443&rep=rep1&type=pdf
(Virtualizing the VAX Architecture - CiteSeerX). Seems quite interesting
(I just started reading it).

>       Johnny
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'