Re: installboot is broken

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 07:25:59PM +0100, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> You mean the installboot usage, or something else?

I am not clear yet - I think installboot does everything exactly as
disklabel/newfs used to do before (at least I can't spot a difference).

We have three possible errors (in historical order)

 - the conversion to single bootblock introduced a bug for disks with
   the first few sectors zeroed
 - the moving of the bootstrap installation into installboot introduced
   the error
 - the firmware/boot procedure used by simh has a bug

Martin