Re: /etc/disktab on vax

On 07/02/2012 07:50 PM, ..I'd rather be coding ASM! wrote:

>>  Well, speaking as someone who occasionally makes decent money with
>> sun4c machines, some of which run NetBSD, I would respectfully submit
>> that those people are either quite full of crap, or more innocently,
>> simply don't know what they're talking about. ;)
>
> I'm with you on that one. Still running my pdp-11's, the VAX Zoo and a
> number of older systems and I still use them for daily computing and dev
> work, even remotely when I'm at work.

  Very nice.  You and I have a few things to discuss, I think. ;)

  I don't do any "for work" development on my PDP-11s (I'm building a
museum for those) but I regularly do code profiling on sun4c machines.
Yes, for cutting-edge commercial products.  I work in embedded systems,
where every cycle STILL counts, and profiling on a 4GHz processor is
effectively useless.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ