Re: HEADs up - gcc 4.1 reversion & MSCP CD changes in current

On 26 June 2012 18:37, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih%hamartun.priv.no@localhost>
wrote:
> David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:
>
>> Test built vax & amd64 and committed.
>
> I've tried booting a brand new kernel on my 4000/700A, which has NetBSD
> 5.1 installed, and it still fails in the same way it's been doing with
> other, newer than 5.1, kernels.  It's got one MSCP disk (actually SCSI),
> and one TMSCP TK70 tape station (genuine) installed, and, at boot, says:
>
> mtc0 at uba0: ...
> mscpbus0 at mtc0: ...
> uda0 at uba0: ...
> mscpbus1 at uda0: ...
> mt0 at mscpbus0 drive 0: TK70
> mt1 at mscpbus0 drive 0: TK70
> ra0 at mscpbus1 drive 0: RA90
> ra1 at mscpbus1 drive 0: RA90
>
> Being confused about its disk, it fails to boot.
>
> Under 5.1, the devices show up properly.

OK, so I've not introduced any new breakage with my racd changes, but
something is broken.

Hmm, could you send a full dmesg from 5.1 and current. What is the
actual failure message after probing - does it just hang?