Re: SPX on VS4k60 and VS3k1m76 (Was: VAXstation 4000/90 - ssh & display oddities)

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire%neurotica.com@localhost>
wrote:
> On 04/26/2012 04:53 PM, David Brownlee wrote:
>>> David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>>>
>>> [SPX on VS4k60 and VS3k1m76]
>>> I have no time to check. But reading the code in spx_match():
>>>        if ((vax_boardtype != VAX_BTYP_49) ||
>>>            ((vax_confdata & (CONF_LCSPX | CONF_SPXg)) == 0))
>>>                return 0;
>>> It should not detect anything at all, as vax_boardtype doesn't match.
>>
>> So what would be the odds of it "Just Working" if the match was adjusted?
>> Anyone with a VS4k60 or VS3k1m76 want to give it a try? :)
>
>  I have an m76 that I can try it on, possibly in a few days.  I'm
> actually on a road trip right now retrieving that m76, along with a huge
> truckload of other stuff.  I will do what I can to help, consistent with
> being able to spend enough time preparing my exhibit for VCF-East. (my
> PDP-11/70! 8-D)
>
>             -Dave
>
> --
> Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
> New Kensington, PA

Hello!
Dave wonderful news! I'll be there.

Right now I've got a few ideas cooking. Namely trying to install the 5
series of NetBSD onto the later versions of SIMH. It (SIMH/vax) isn't
cooperating. I suspect it might have something to do with the
installer for the 5 series. Next step will be to snag a copy of the
latest release that was from the 4 series. If I still get the odd ball
SIMH list.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8%gmail.com@localhost