Re: SPX on VS4k60 and VS3k1m76 (Was: VAXstation 4000/90 - ssh & display oddities)

On 04/26/2012 04:53 PM, David Brownlee wrote:
>> David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> [SPX on VS4k60 and VS3k1m76]
>>> Our of curiosity what does a -current kernel detect on them?
>> I have no time to check. But reading the code in spx_match():
>>        if ((vax_boardtype != VAX_BTYP_49) ||
>>            ((vax_confdata & (CONF_LCSPX | CONF_SPXg)) == 0))
>>                return 0;
>> It should not detect anything at all, as vax_boardtype doesn't match.
>
> So what would be the odds of it "Just Working" if the match was adjusted?
> Anyone with a VS4k60 or VS3k1m76 want to give it a try? :)

  I have an m76 that I can try it on, possibly in a few days.  I'm
actually on a road trip right now retrieving that m76, along with a huge
truckload of other stuff.  I will do what I can to help, consistent with
being able to spend enough time preparing my exhibit for VCF-East. (my
PDP-11/70! 8-D)

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ