Re: multiple vax 6000's free to a good home

hey,
so, one guy alreacy claimed them both, but he might share :), maybe you could work it out with him.. regarding a url or anything, sorry,
i dont know of such a url. i remember that gunther schadow once gave a
pretty good description of it (along with his vax 11/780 anatomy), check the archives of the list, would have been at least 6 or 7 years ago. he might be the guy youre thinking of. It should be _reasonably_ simple
by what anecdotes i have heard, if you have 220v single phase, to connect
it to one set of poles on the big 3phase xformer.
the primary power bus is 300VDC (yes, 300!)..

anyhow, as i mentioned the machines are currently spoken for, but if
that changes ill let you know. (yes, someone else from port-vax beat you to it :-)

isildur

Hi,
 My take would be a maximum of One, however
 I'm not an EE.  Can you reccomend a URL to instructions
 to convert the power supply?  I've heard of at least one person
 who has done such a conversion, possibly to their 240/normal
 phase circuit.
John Allain

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lord Isildur"
<mrfusion%vaxpower.org@localhost>