Re: Patches for building Xorg-Server on VAX

On 1 December 2010 21:08, Lukas Kaminski <kaminski%sdf-eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> i think providing diffs wasn't my best idea, so i send the changes again,
> this time as patches.
> recently i've forgotten one header and spx.c was a mess. now i've fixed
> this up :)
>
> i've never tried to build everything from scratch with this patches, only
> to build the needed drivers and the server itself in
> /usr/src/external/mit/xorg/server (native), but i'll try to crossbuild a
> full system tonight.
>
> unfortunately i don't have much time to search the remaining bug with the
> keyboard. maybe someone can give me a hint?

Just a quick question or two :)

src/external/mit/xorg/server/xorg-server/Makefile.common
- Why disable Xvfb? - its a useful testing tool on headless machines

src/sys/arch/vax/vsa/spx.c
- Did the spx_putchar crash on the first character output?

src/external/mit/xorg/server/xorg-server/hw/xfree86/Makefile
- Any changes to remove dri or similar should be conditional on vax -
though why do they need to be disabled?

src/external/mit/xorg/server/xorg-server/hw/xfree86/xorgos/Makefile
- The later changes to enable a (commented out) netbsdPci.c on vax are
probably not needed?

Otherwise, good stuff - it'll be good when we get X working on vax again!