Re: VAXstation 4000/90 help

Hum. I'd check the switch for a bad connection or something then. If the LEDs are changing, there should be output on the console.

The LEDs only change once, and only once again if the halt button is pressed.

If not, then it's either directed to the wrong console, or else you have a broken serial port. (I assume you are using the right port on the VAX, that your cable is ok, and that you have a terminal connected that aren't messing you up with some weird opinions (or a computer with some program connecting you to a serial port).

It's the same setup I use for one of my 4000/60, so I know the machine I'm running cu on is fine and I know the cable is good.

There is a lot of serial port debugging that can be done, but it is so much depending on what you observe, and so on, that it's hard to write a general checkup.

Part of the problem is that I don't get anything at all on the serial...

Thanks,
John