Re: Performance problems.

On Wed, 05 May 2010 12:11:59 +0200
Johnny Billquist <bqt%softjar.se@localhost> wrote:

> Anyone else seen this, knows what could be affecting it, or care?
> Or are all others just using modern fast machines, where all this don't
> really make a blip on the radar anyway, or else is not using their
> machines enough to make this visible?

My gut feeling is that even on comparatively fast sparc64 hardware more
cycles are spent these days doing kernel work. But it may simply be
that the accounting in top(1) is broken / calculated differently from
how it used to be done. Benchmark results of current vs. 2.0 on low
powered uniprocessor systems would be very interesting to see.

Cheers,
-Tobias