Re: more on proff crash building native

"Michael L. Hitch" writes:
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009, David Brownlee wrote:
>
> > Heres hoping the native build goes well...
> >
> > Whats next on the list, bootblocks? :)
>
>    There are at least 3 or 4 major problems:
>
>    Native build fails when trying to run the pic and/or grops tool
> executable due to bad relocation types.  Even the cross-compiled troff
> executable has the same problem when built on an amd64 system (the
> netbsd-5-0_RC1 and netbsd-5-0_RC2 builds have a bad executable, and my own
> build has the same problem).  I've appended more information to Greg's
> PR39182.
>
>    Native builds (when continued several times after the above problem)
> will hang the machine when it tries compiling libm/catan.ln.  I'm trying
> to collect some more information on that and will submit a PR.

Hmm.. I'm not quite up to that point yet (but have restarted the
build often enough to be past the pic/grops/groff/whatever issue),
but I see I'm using some 69MB of swap right now.. (the machine has 32MB).
I've added an extra 500MB swap -- could your box be running out of
memory/swap when it gets to working on libm/catan.ln ?

If you make a PR, I'll update it with whatever I find when I get
there...

Later...

Greg Oster