Re: netbsd on vax 11/730; booting in sim

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 10:55:21PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Just noticed another "step back", that I hadn't seen until now.

NetBSD moved away quite a long time ago from needing to reboot if fsck needed to fix the root partition. That's something that was done back in the dark ages with 4.3...
But 5.0 have reintroduced this "feature".

Uh ? Where did you get this idea ? None of my 5.0 systems reboot after
fsck.

I got the idea from fcsk actually having to correct something on my root partition and then saying it needed to reboot, followed by actually rebooting. And this was last night with NetBSD 5.0_BETA.

To be more explicit, it don't reboot just because fsck is has been run, but if fsck needs to correct anything on the root partition it reboots.

        Johnny