Re: Native build...

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo skrev:
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih%Hamartun.Priv.NO@localhost> writes:

Building a new kernel now, with the size of the interrupt stack doubled
(in /sys/arch/vax/vax/pmap.c), and will report back later.

That didn't do the trick.  Not really surprising: my regular swap
related problem causes a spontaneous restart, and that one time ISP
overflow dropped me to the chevron prompt.  It's probably an indication
that two pages aren't enough, and should be increased.  However, even
with that change in place, forcing the machine to do a bit of swapping
gives me that spontaneous reboot, just like before, even though DDB is
compiled in, and just waiting to take over...

Ah. Darn.
But yes, not really surprising. Crash and restart because of swap problems is probably not related to the interrupt stack.

The ISP ERR message however, should be. But obviously we're talking about two different problems here...

Probably there is some bugs in pmap.c after the idlelwp change. I identified some problems before, but now that Matt's rewritten pmap.c I don't have much of a clue once more. :-)

        Johnny