Re: NetBSD/vax kernel seems stable now

On Feb 23, 2008, at 7:04 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Yup -- and I have a couple of 4000/700A systems, but they're currently running a VAX/VMS cluster. I plan to have them run NetBSD when there's
a working DSSI driver.  They have lots and lots of disks...
We can all dream... I've been thinking about that in the past. The way I might do it is to rip off the Ultrix driver. However, that will probably never make it into the NetBSD distribution. But I want CI working myself. Lots and lots of disk for my 8650 that way...

Speaking of which, I also have a 7620 here, and I also have a 7800-cpu somewhere. That would be a fun system to get up and running. But that machine only have CI... One day...

I have two 7000-series machines, with both DSSI and CI. I'd just *love* to run NetBSD on one of those.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL