Port-sun3 archive

Re: X11R7'fied Xsun servers

I wrote on port-sun3@:
 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sun3/2020/07/17/msg000157.html
 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sun3/2020/07/19/msg000164.html

> I've also managed to get working Xorg 1.20 based X11R7 Xsun servers :-)
> Most API changes between 1.10 and 1.20 are trivial so that
> we can follow other clients like xnest, xwin, and xquartz etc.
>  https://github.com/tsutsui/xorg-server-Xsun/commits/xorg-server-1.20

I've committed Xorg 1.20 based Xsun server files and further fixes:

 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2020/07/22/msg119657.html
 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2020/07/26/msg119767.html
 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2020/07/29/msg119969.html
 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2020/07/30/msg119983.html
 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2020/08/01/msg120045.html

 http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/xsrc/external/mit/xorg-server/dist/hw/sun/
 http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/external/mit/xorg/server/xorg-server/hw/sun/

Update current status
---------------------

- Confired with bwtwo on 3/60, bwtwo on TME (3/160), cgtwo on TME,
  and cgsix (without accellaration) on SPARCstation20.
 - "Xsun -mono" options also works on cgtwo.
 - cgfour on 3/60 should be confirmed.
- Modifier key problems have been resolved.
  (Shift-b,v and Ctrl-d,e,i,n,o,p,u etc. works as expected)
- Keyboard modifire LEDs also work properly.
  (except ScrollLock on Type4, no idea how we can handle "Shift+Break"
   as ScrollLock modifier key)
- Color palette settings are properly restored on exiting Xserver

Misc
----

- Currently Xsun server builds are disabled on sparc and sparc64.
  (At least 8bpp Xsun server builds and works fine on SS20, but
   the only benefit is bwtwo mono server, which isn't supported by
   Xorg xf86-video driver?)

- Currently NetBSD/sun3 kernels have a gcc optimization issue
  (silent hang during SCSI probe) by recent scsiconf.c change:
  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sun3/2020/07/19/msg000166.html

- Pkgsrc TME's SPARC emulation seems broken (gets assert() on startup)
  on NetBSD/i386 9.0, while sun3 emulation works with the same binary.

Have fun,
---
Izumi Tsutsui