Port-sun3 archive

Re: Port help wanted/needed?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, David Johnson wrote:

David,

I received your small build for Sun 3/50.  This evening I finally got all
the requisite equipment out and gave it a try.

I was able to get the Sun 3/50 to read the file from a tftp server over a
thin-net interface.  I got the following:

downloaded 1373069 bytes from tftp server

then the screen filled with some binary trash in the screen buffer after
which I got:

Exception 10 at 00004000

Well this is further than I had gotten before.  I know there isnt much to go
on here in terms of
trying another build.  If you or someone who is watching knows where to go
from here, I'd like to try to get a working build for this old 3/50 with 4M
memory running diskless.

        Are you booting the netboot program which is then loading the
        kernel, or just the kernel direct?

        The latest netboot should be at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-5-0-RC2/200902090142Z/sun3/installation/netboot/netboot

        As an aside to try to get a working start point, could you
        try booting a (much) earlier DISKLESS kernel from
        ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-archive/NetBSD-1.6/sun3/binary/kernel/