Port-sun3 archive

Re: Port help wanted/needed?

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009, David Johnson wrote:

Thanks for the answer on this one. I too have a 4MB Sun3/50M that I had hoped to load NETBSD onto as a diskless workstation. The monochrome monitor, while difficult to move around, nevertheless has a very crisp display for B/W editing. But I was unsuccessful at getting through all the steps diskless boot steps and then quit when I learned that the kernel was going to be too large in any case.

        What are you using as a server host? Were you using the Diskless
        NetBSD HOW-TO? http://www.netbsd.org/docs/network/netboot/

        I suspect it could do with some updating

So thanks for posting this.  Time to dust it off and try again.

        Let us know how it goes! :)

begin:vcard

fn:David W. Johnson

n:Johnson;David W.