Port-sun2 archive

Re: Crash in tme -- mm58167.c

> On Mar 5, 2020, at 12:37 AM, Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> I'm installing NetBSD 9 in TME and encountered a problem ... looks like NetBSD issues a read to the mm58167 GO register, which causes an abort in _tme_mm58167_bus_cycle().  I don't see off hand where the kernel actually issues this read (it does issue a write to GO in mm58167_settime_ymdhms()).  Anyway, I worked around this for now by making TME return a 0 for this register read and everything seems fine.  But I'm curious if this is new, and wondering if anyone's actually running NetBSD/sun2 in TME at the moment?

Well, I checked in the change TME in pkgsrc, and I left the system to (slowly) extract the install base and etc install sets (lol, not going to try and run anything else on this, for now anyway).  I still have not managed to find where the kernel is issuing this register read, so it might point to a different issue in TME itself (I have not spent a great deal of time analyzing how the bus cycle logic works).  But it seemed antisocial to abort the emulator in this case regardless (and I think the real hardware in this case would probably also simply return an undefined value -- at least, I can't think if any reason why it would cause a bus error or similar fault).

-- thorpej