Re: SMP support on sparc64?

Yes, I have most docs but not complete.  I'm hesitating between SCSI GPIB and SBus GPIB (both from National Instruments).  Luckily, both are pretty cheap and easy to find at ebay nowadays.

All docs on TNT4882 GPIB controller and LSI SBus DMA controller L64853A chip on the SBus GPIB card are available online.  So, making the body of the drivers are doable but can't find necessary information for the initialization part (like SBus I/O memory mapping for accessing the GPIB controller registers on the SBus card).  Still no clues other than reverse engineering Solaris 2 drivers.  Would there be an easy way to figure it out?

With the SCSI GPIB box, since all the SCSI commands to control GPIB bus are well documented, working with it seems easier than the SBus card.  But not sure if there could be some hassles that I'm not aware of to make it work on sparc64 platform.

Sungwon

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 1:43 AM Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
Hello,

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 20:01:05 -0700
SungWon Chung <lucky.cimon%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Thank you for the good news. As I was not sure of SMP support, I was
> hesitating before working on IEEE-488.2 device driver to bring up Ultra 2
> for some long-time lab measurement automation. Happy to continue with
> NetBSD :)

Hmm, somewhere here I have an SBus GPIB card - do you actually have
docs for those?

have fun
Michael