Re: SMP support on sparc64?

Hello,

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 20:19:40 -0700
SungWon Chung <lucky.cimon%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Yes, I have most docs but not complete.  I'm hesitating between SCSI GPIB
> and SBus GPIB (both from National Instruments).  Luckily, both are pretty
> cheap and easy to find at ebay nowadays.
>
> All docs on TNT4882 GPIB controller and LSI SBus DMA controller L64853A
> chip on the SBus GPIB card are available online.  So, making the body of
> the drivers are doable but can't find necessary information for the
> initialization part (like SBus I/O memory mapping for accessing the GPIB
> controller registers on the SBus card).  Still no clues other than reverse
> engineering Solaris 2 drivers.  Would there be an easy way to figure it
> out?

Do you have one of those SBus cards?
They tend to set device properties with more or less meaningful names
for address ranges - I wrote drivers for things like the AG-10e based
on just that.
I really need to dig the card up and have a look at what the ROM tells
us. Often there are forth words defined on the device node which can be
examined ( see <word> etc. )
That said, I'm not sure my card has the DMA chip.

have fun
Michael