Memory/data errors

Hello, I've been seeing various errors and kernel hangs with NetBSD-8
on Sun Ultra 10. This is a rather old machine, so I'm assuming hardware
is starting to fail, etc. I did run max diagnostics at openboot and it
didn't find any issues.

Normally, I would run NetBSD build.sh and sooner or later GCC would
segfault, or kernel would hang. I was also seeing the following errors
logged:

Mar 15 17:53:42 ultra10 /netbsd: data error type 32 sfsr=0 sfva=425de020 afsr=400008 afva=17ff7b6fbf8 tf=0x1186c7ed0

So I upgraded to latest snapshot and changed from GENERIC to GENERIC.UP
and it seems much more stable now. Not seen any kernel hangs for a few
hours, but I'm still running build.sh and it's too early to celebrate.

A few questions though, has anyone noticed anything similar when running
GENERIC? Could these be some race conditions which are not present in
uniprocessor kernel?