Re: Ultra 60 NVRAM

Dave McGuire writes:
>   If memory serves, these chips are shipped with the clock stopped, and
> it must be started.  Very dusty neurons remind me that some systems
> react poorly to a non-incrementing clock.  That might be it.

AFAIK the OBP will detect a non-running clock and start it.  I used to
stop the clock inside the NVRAM when I put a sun4m-based system into
storage, as that would save on battery.

Unfortunately I never found the equivalent forth cmds for the sun4u
machines...

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab%bb-c.de@localhost
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"