Re: Installation on an Ultra 45

Hello,

On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 13:29:52 +1100
Glenn Mawby <glenn.mawby%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I have an Ultra 45 and have tried to install NetBSD.   The CD boots fine
> but towards the end of the boot I see a message about radeonfb then the
> screen flickers and from then on the text is unreadable and I can't install.
> The graphics card is Sun XVR-300 ATI based with a dual out DVI
> connection. The monitor is a IBM think vision running at
> 1280x1024 (I'm writing this on the machine but from solaris 10).   I've
> tried to adjust the monitor but it makes no difference.

Hmm, this card has never been tested for lack of hardware in the right
hands.

> Any suggestion on what to do?

Is the monitor hooked up via DVI or with a DVI-to-VGA adaptor?
Can you try the other port?
Also, if it's connected via DVI, can you try a VGA adaptor?

Finally, does the machine actually boot or does it hang/crash on
radeonfb?

have fun
Michael