Re: Someone using COMPAT_SVR4(_32) ?

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 05:25:03PM +0200, Jerome Ibanes wrote:
> Then it's likely that one of the changes between the 5 and 6 branches broke
> compat_svr4, other than going through each patch in arch/sparc64 and running
> a test on 6.0.x; which other option do you suggest to narrow this down?

Well, it is not completely broken for me:

with a -current GENERIC + COMPAT_SVR3 and COMPAT_SVR4_32 added:

[/mnt/Solaris_2.6/Tools/Boot/sbin] martin@after-hours > file sh
sh: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, stripped
[/mnt/Solaris_2.6/Tools/Boot/sbin] martin@after-hours > ./sh
$ echo hello world
hello world
$

I didn't have a good enough test environment for dynamically linked binaries
at hand, so couldn't easily try that.

Martin