Re: esp vs. MSG_IGN_WIDE_RESIDUE

macallan%netbsd.org@localhost (Michael) writes:

>How would one correctly handle this - check if any read is followed by
>one of these?

The message should just correct the transfer length.

I guess you always need to have the I/O buffer padded so that the
invalid bytes can be stored. While you could handle the last bytes
with PIO, the likely consequence is that you then also want to
handle unaligned buffers. Few drivers support such use-cases.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost