Re: bacula and TLS

scar <scar%drigon.com@localhost> writes:

> hi i am new to NetBSD and struggling a bit with figuring out everything,
> but making some progress.  i have got 6.1.4-GENERIC installed on an old
> Ultra-5 and then i used pkg_add to install bacula-clientonly-5.2.12 so i
> could restore my backups.  but when i transferred over my bacula-fd.conf
> and attempted to start the service i am getting this error:
>
> Fatal error: TLS required but not configured in Bacula.
>
> and i've never run into this problem before... so how do i correctly
> enable TLS?  thanks

Apparently  the bacula pkgsrc package disables ssl by default.  I really
don't konw why.   So you would have to rebuild it from source.
Basically check out pkgsrc, set

PKG_OPTIONS.bacula-clientonly=	ssl

in /etc/mk.conf, and then in /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/bacula-clientonly do
make package replace

See pkgsrc.org for the pkgsrc guide for more info about dealing with
pkgsrc.