Re: Sun Fire V240 ALOM password

Frank Wille writes:
- Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
- >  However, you don't
- > need to actually install Solaris, you can do it from the
- > installation DVD, bailing out from the installation at the first
- > possible opportunity.
-
- Ok, but I still need a (SCSI?) DVD drive for it. This might be difficult as
- none of my machines got one.

The DVD slot in the V210 and V240 is an ATAPI device.  It uses
the same connectors as the slide in slots for many laptops and
the like.  As I recall, it doesn't even require any special
rails.

--
Eric Schnoebelen                eric%cirr.com@localhost
http://www.cirr.com