Port-sparc64 archive

Re: Sun Fire V240 ALOM password

Frank Wille writes:
- Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
- >  However, you don't
- > need to actually install Solaris, you can do it from the
- > installation DVD, bailing out from the installation at the first
- > possible opportunity.
- Ok, but I still need a (SCSI?) DVD drive for it. This might be difficult as
- none of my machines got one.

The DVD slot in the V210 and V240 is an ATAPI device.  It uses
the same connectors as the slide in slots for many laptops and
the like.  As I recall, it doesn't even require any special

Eric Schnoebelen                eric%cirr.com@localhost
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements
      of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something
            to be enthusiastic about. --Albert Einstein