Re: bge fail on netboot of NetBSD-6 on v215 and v240

Hi, macallan.

(2013/05/14 19:59), Michael wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, 14 May 2013 03:42:16 +0900
SAITOH Masanobu <msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost> wrote:

(2012/10/18 2:47), Michael wrote:
Hello,

On Oct 17, 2012, at 2:08 AM, Erik E. Fair wrote:

I took the latest distribution/builds of netbsd-6 and tried to
netboot them this evening on a Sun Fire v215 and Sun Fire v240.

Both got ofwboot.net fine, and loaded the GENERIC (MP) kernel fine
(though the v215 complained about the aceride tc_count), but when
it came time to mount NFS root, both failed: bge0 watchdog timeout
-- resetting (resulting in "cannot mount root, error = 79").

Have we screwed the pooch in interrupt routing, again?

I see the same on a Blade 2500 - on some bges our driver doesn't work if OF
touched the hardware first, it works fine if you boot from something else.

have fun
Michael

  Is this problem still alive in -current?

Can't tell, the kernel crashes with an illegal access to PCI config space right
after bge establishes its interrupt handler.
( sorry, didn't have time to dig any further yet - the fault comes from
schizo_conf_read() )
Same when booting from harddisk.

have fun
Michael