Re: NetBSD/sparc64 and GbE performance

On 5/7/11 8:27 PM, Matthias Scheler wrote:
      Look at those pictures a bit closer.  The Cassini is a 64-bit card
and the Intel is only a 32-bit card.

So? The Cassini is still bulky even compared to 64bit Intel card.
And it consumes a lot of power and produces a lot of heat.

  It is physically larger and therefore technologically inferior?

  WTF?

Solaris had a complicated (and highly problematic) driver for it.
And the card performed still far from impressive.

I'm running a few of these in higher-end (V480-range) Sun machines running Solaris. While I've not benchmarked them, I know I get better than 500Mbps out of them on those machines.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL