Re: FFB EDID testers wanted

Hi,

> The patch is at:
>
>   http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jdc/ffb-edid-patch.text
>
> and a precompiled kernel is at:
>
>   http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jdc/netbsd-GENERIC.gz

I've updated the patch and kernel (there was a problem with my changes
to ffb_ras_init() on a 501-2633 (Creator 3D Series 1) card even when the
console mode was not changed).  Hopefully, the new kernel will fix this,
although I'm still not sure if it is correct for a Series 1 or 2 cards
running at a resolution greater than 1280 x 1024.  I've also enabled
FFB_DEBUG with this kernel, so extra output will be generated by the ffb
driver.

If the screen doesn't display properly, it would be helpful to see the
register dumps in the working and non-working cases.  I have uploaded:

  http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jdc/ffbreg.c
  http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jdc/ffbreg

(compiled against 5.0 stable), which will display the relevant registers -
run:

  ffbreg

for ffb0, and

  ffbreg -d /dev/fb1

for ffb1.

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/