Re: Netra X1 with WD0 and AcerIDE

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 23:24:50 -0500
Chris Ross <cross%distal.com@localhost> wrote:

>   I looked to find that I still have a patch in my netbsd-5 tree that
> removes some code.  I'm sure there was a reason I did this, and I
> suspect it was discussed on port-sparc64, but darned if I can remember
> it now:
[...]
>                 psycho_set_intr(sc, 15, psycho_powerfail,
>                         &sc->sc_regs->power_int_map,
>                         &sc->sc_regs->power_clr_int);
I remember this one. Sort of. It has to do somthing with a unused pin /
interrupt on the X1. This can trigger an interrupt (storm) that
completely chokes the kernel. Solution is to not install this interrupt
handler. There was some discussion on this list how to do it proper. But
I don't know the outcome.
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}