Re: Readying a disk for booting NetBSD-5

Martin:
Thank you for the tips re: the filesystem choice
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.general/28715).  From that I decided
to go ahead and try to have sysinst put the 5.1 RC2 /, base and etc sets onto a
FFSv2 filesystem.  Did I understand you correctly that the 5.1 RC2 sysinst
should be able to make that work?

I thought I ran the sysinst okay by using the entire disk for /.  Thinking that
sysinst would need to put something in the first one or two disk sectors I first
tried to offset the start of the / partition by 2 sectors. sysinst did not like
that though and I ended up just setting / up in the disklabel starting from the
default sector 0.  The rest of the sysinst appeared to go as expected.

Yet upon rebooting from OpenBoot I am seeing the same "Invalid superblock magic"
result that Chris saw
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.ports.sparc64/6662). Should I question
my choice of the FFSv2 filesystem?  Or should I be looking for something else
about the way that I had sysinst put the NetBSD installation onto the disk?