Readying a disk for booting NetBSD-5

I have a sparc64, and for a long time I have been netbooting it using various NetBSD versions, all NFS mounted from an i386 box on which I compile things. Now, I have a stable netbsd-5 image, and I want to install that onto the internal disk of my sparc64.

I was looking through the Sparc-64 FAQ, and the 5.0 INSTALL guide, and I see in there instructions for getting an installation media setup on the netboot, and running sysinst. And while I could back back to that if needed, I've already done most of that work, I think. I formatted the local filesystem, extracted all of the packages, brought over and updated (with postinstall) the /etc from the netboot which was already configured, and did what I thought was needed to make it bootable.

I ran installboot (installboot /dev/rsd0c /local/usr/mdec/bootblk), then copied ofwboot into the new root (cp -p /local/usr/mdec/ofwboot / local/). But, clearly I'm missing some step. When I try to boot from OFW with "boot disk" I get:

Rebooting with command: boot disk
Boot device: /sbus/SUNW,fas@e,8800000/sd@0,0  File and args:
Evaluating: boot disk0

Can't open boot device

Boot device: net  File and args:
Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet
>> NetBSD/sparc64 OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.13

.. at which point it loads successfully from the netboot. What did I miss jiggling on the SCSI disk to make the bootrom able to boot off of it? Both disklabel and sunlabel see a partition table in which partition a (as well as c) fills the whole disk. So, I didn't *think* it was a label problem.

Anyway, if I've missed something simple, let me know what it is. Otherwise, if I'm best off dropping back to installing from a netbooted miniroot with sysinst, let me know that too.

  Thanks all.

                           - Chris