Re: port/sparc64 known working on Netra X1?

On May 8, 2010, at 04:03, Julian Coleman wrote:

Hi,

The kernel gets loaded from the NFS root, and begins to run. Then, while/after attaching psycho0, it seems to just hang up pretty hard.

psycho0 at mainbus0
psycho0: SUNW,sabre: impl 0, version 0: ign 7c0 bus range 0 to 0; PCI bus 0

Looking at the dmesg on my U60 and E250, the next line that gets printed is
from the IOMMU attach:

 DVMA map: ...

Can you add some printf()'s (or maybe turn on DEBUG too) after the last
line you see printed, to psycho_attach(), psycho_iommu_init() and
iommu_init() to see where it stops?

Didn't even get through psycho_attach(). I was on my second pass of printf()s having gotten past all of the ones I put in on the first pass, and suspected what I ended up finding when I saw the comment:

* XXX Not all controllers have these, but installing them
                 * is better than trying to sort through this mess.

Putting printf's between each of the psycho_set_intr() calls shows that it stops in:

                psycho_set_intr(sc, 15, psycho_powerfail,
                        &sc->sc_regs->power_int_map,
                        &sc->sc_regs->power_clr_int);

I'm about to trace into psycho_set_intr() to see if I can learn anything else, but does this indicate to anyone why this would be failing now (after 4.99.72, in netbsd 5.1_RC1 and 5.99.29), or any other suggestions to try.

Let me know, and I'll see what else I can see. Interestingly, turning on DEBUG and setting psycho_debug to 0xff to see everything, I see that the psycho_dump_intmap() doesn't seem to show things in a way I can decode. And, I don't see anything that I can recognize as being power_int_map. Of course, I think I just don't know how to decode it, but in case anyone else does, I'm seeing:

psycho_dump_intmap: OBIO
0xe0023000: 7e0
0xe0023008: 7e1
0xe0023010: 7e2