Re: SUN Ultra 5 HDD compatibility

Gert Doering wrote:

> If I search ebay for "SATA Silicon Image", I'm offered at least one auction
> that seems to be the same card from the same seller:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.de/4-SATA-RAID-0-1-5-10-Silicon-Image-3114-PCI-Card-Vista_W0QQitemZ370325043390QQcmdZViewItemQQptZController?hash=item563917b8be

A Sun Blade 150 (OBP 4.17.1) with NetBSD 5.0.1 GENERIC recognizes this
one just fine

  satalink0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0
  satalink0: Silicon Image SATALink 3114 (rev. 0x02)
  satalink0: 33MHz PCI bus
  satalink0: bus-master DMA support present
  satalink0: using ivec 19 for native-PCI interrupt

It's a Digitus 4 Port SATA 150 Mbit PCI card, Modellnr.: DS-33102.
I was especially interested in this type of card because it has
internal and external SATA connectors _and_ can use 2 of each
concurrently.

The external disk enclosure was not recognized dynamically (drvctl/atactl
did not find anything) but when attached before reboot it recognized the
disk (reading 65 MB/s with dd).

ciao
     Klaus