Re: Sun-Fire-V210 with UltraSPARC-IIIi: bge supposed to work?

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 05:11:15PM +0100, Bert Kiers wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 04:55:27PM +0100, Bert Kiers wrote:
> > >
> > > This is a bge problem (and yes, I'm seeing it too).
> >
> > I'll try finding an other NIC, but I expect ofw will nog boot from wm or
> > tlp which I have laying around. Maybe boot kernel from bge and then tell
> > kernel to continue from other NIC.
>
> Inserted extra wm NIC. Works nicely for a few minutes in multi user.
> dmesg @ http://netbsd.itsx.net/schizo+wm.txt
>
> After a few minutes (5..10) my NFS server (5.0_STABLE i386) stops responding.
> The V210 keeps sending the same packets, then
> nfs server 10.1.1.1:/exports/usiii: not responding
>
> That happened more than 10 times. Bummer. But possibly not a SCHIZO
> problem. I'll try with a disk next and minimize NFS traffic to see if
> only NFS is affected or networking in general.

Problem is only with NFS write over UDP. Mounting with -o tcp solved
this problem. No general networking problems.

At the moment I'm extracting src, pkgsrc and xsrc at the same time to
and from the same disk. Works fine. Both cpu's are doing work according
to top.

Grtnx,
--
Bert Kiers, !MCSE && 0xFF, frique d'ordinateur