Multilib support on sparc64

I have a few questions in regard to multilib support. Now that gcc
accepts -m32, I would like to build and run 32-bit binaries from pkgsrc.

1. How does the system execute 32-bit binaries, i.e. goes it use
compat_netbsd32 or something else? I had problems with compat_netbsd32, i.e.
some applications would segfault, threaded applications didn't work, etc. How
does multilib support function, does it overcome all these problems?

2. I can see /usr/lib/sparc directory with 32-bit libraries, but /lib contains
only 64-bit libraries, so how is this supposed to work? What's the difference
between /usr/lib and /lib? How are 32-bit binaries supposed to find 32-bit
libraries under /lib if there is no sparc directory with 32-bit libraries?

3. I built release with Xorg, /usr/X11R7/lib contains only 64-bit libraries,
how am I supposed to build 32-bit X11 packages?

4. Does pkgsrc recognise or can handle multilib support on NetBSD-current?