Re: Files of death on sparc64

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008, James Birdsall wrote:

> psycho0: uncorrectable DMA error AFAR 10c4640 pa ffffffffffffffff AFSR
> 210000ff00000000:210000ff00000000<P_DTE,P_DWR>
> IOVA c0c80000 IOTTE 36ce0012
> cpu0: kdb breakpoint at 13d0460
> Stopped at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4:    nop

You're getting an uncorrectable DMA error.  This is unlikely to have
to have any connection to filesystems.

The device in question is trying to read or write main memory and is
unable to.  The P_DTE and P_DWR bits indicate that the operation in
question is a write, and it was unable to complete because there is
no corresponding mapping in the IOMMU.

This leaves me with three possible conclusions:

o  The SATA controller hardware in question is malfunctioning.

o  The SPARC bus DMA code has some sort of bug.

or most likely:

o  The driver for that controller is buggy and is not properly keeping
track of DMA mappings.

Eduardo