Re: Files of death on sparc64

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 12:40:02AM -0700, James Birdsall wrote:
> I have an AXi with a couple of SATA controllers on the PCI bus and four
> SATA disks.

What amount and organization of memory do you have on it ?

I had what may have been a similar problem with an Ultra 2 when I had
some DIMMS in one bank that were not absolutely identical. They were
the same capacity and part number but different chips.

My theory is that everything was ok until the file cache got big enough
to start using the bad area.

Robert Swindells