Re: 10.0 crashes on leaving X

I have a bit more data now.

10.0 still crashes on the SS10.  It does this right before final shutdown, after being in X.  It seems that if I never start X, I can shutdown and reboot without panic.

Two things I have tried on the SS10 - neither of which made a change:

- Set output-device in eprom back to just “screen”.  In other words, I kicked down from 1280x1024 to 1152x900.
- Tried a -current-ish kernel (apologies, I couldn’t find one from actual current, I used the MP from here: http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-10/202404222220Z/sparc/binary/kernel/)

My IPX does not exhibit this behavior (obviously a lot of apples/oranges there - 4c vs 4m, UP vs MP, TGX vs TGX+).

I haven’t had time to try the SS20 yet - but that’s next on my hit list (unless someone recommends something else).  Can hopefully try that out tomorrow.

Here are screengrabs from the video (and video itself) of the panic:

https://burn.net/~vom/ss10panic/

As always - thanks in advance for any advice or insight on where to go next.

PS: I am also painfully aware of my issues on the past thread that turned out to be bad DIMMs.  Behavior was very very similar.  I am questioning myself even on this point, however I cannot get 9.3 to crash in this manner on this same hardware (same except for the new DIMMs - as even 9.3 crashed on the old DIMMs).