Re: SparcStation 20 system freezes

Hello,

On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 13:59:14 +1100
matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:

> > SMP is still a bit sketchy but should be mostly stable on SuperSPARCs
> > by now. Is this reproducible on -current?
> > The reason I'm asking is, there were a bunch of SMP-related fixes in
> > the last few years, with the latest just a few days ago. I don't know
> > how much of that made it into the 7.x branches other than the last bit
>
> i don't think there has been anything major besides your fix for
> a number of years.  i just checked, and i had the fixes that made
> a few years ago were present in netbsd-6 and pulled up to netbsd-5,
> but maybe i'm thinking of an earlier set than you are?

I'm just guessing, I really don't know what went into -7 and what didn't.

> i don't run my SS20 with any disks, just disk less, so that may
> be relevant here.  i also only have 2 cpus.

I did most of my recent stuff on two SM81, HyperSPARCs are still
unstable - we catch a trap when traps are disabled, CPU goes into
watchdog reset -> boom. I've seen it on SuperSPARCs too, but
HyperSPARCs seem to be much more likely to trigger it. I have two dual
90MHz HyperSPARC modules, they will be my next victim.

have fun
Michael