Re: X suntcx driver gives up with "Couldn't map BLIT space"

Hello,

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 12:27:13 -0500 (CDT)
Daniel Seagraves <dseagrav%lunar-tokyo.net@localhost> wrote:

> I have a SS4 and when attempting to start X, the suntcx driver logs
> "Couldn't map BLIT space" and fails. Is there something wrong with my
> machine? Do I need more RAM? I have 32MB.

Hmm, this used to work, I wrote the acceleration code on an actual
85MHz ss4 and an ss5 with an S24 ( which is really just a 24bit tcx
on a card with a fancier DAC )

Please send me your ofctl -p and dmesg output, maybe there's some
weirdness in the address ranges reported by OBP. The last few changes I
remember were for qemu's tcx emulation, some of that broke it for you
( and who knows if different OBP versions behave - all I had was one )

RAM size shouldn't matter for this.
You probably want to put more into it, netbsd itself should be fine
with 32MB but pretty much anything you may want to run on it will need
more.

have fun
Michael