Re: Problems installing 7.0.1 on SS5

Hi,

Gordon Zaft wrote:
I should read the docs more carefully. Of course the answer is that due to the wonders of OpenBoot mapping of SCSI targets, it was trying to boot off of what NetBSD calls sd1, and there's no boot device there.

The fix is to tell openboot to boot from disk1:a .
Fine! and remember to either use sd0 or if you plan to put / on the larger disk (and e.g. use the small disk for swap only) to make a partition within the first part of the disk. I'd recommend 1G, maybe 2G works, but I know that with larger disks I made netbsd unbootable. Or, worse, you install and it works, because netbsd is written at the beginning of the disk. After some time you update, install a new kernel and can't boot anymore ....

Riccardo