Problems installing 7.0.1 on SS5

I'm trying to install 7.0.1 on a SparcStation 5 with the 170MHz Turbosparc.  I have 192MB RAM and 2 disks, a 2 GB disk (sd0) and an 18 GB disk (sd1).  The machine has OpenBoot 2.29.

The install goes fine (I'm installing with sd0 for / and sd1 for /usr ).  However after I am done installing and go to reboot, I get

boot device <blah>/sd@3,0:a  File and args: netbsd
The file just loaded does not appear to be executable

and I'm back at the ok prompt.

I tried booting from the CDROM, dropping to shell and running

installboot /dev/rsd0c /usr/mdec/bootxx /boot

to try to reinstall the boot blocks.  That didn't help.

Any ideas?

Gordon Zaft
Province 35 Governor
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity