Both serial and graphical console on SS20?

I just picked up a SPARCstation 20 and set up both SunOS 4.1.4 and NetBSD. I also have a Linux system connected to it via a USB/serial adapter, and I can successfully use port A as the main console. (That way I can remotely control the full boot process and switch operating systems, eventually doing so between NetBSD, SunOS, Solaris and OPENSTEP.)

After I set the system up with the OpenBoot console on ttya, however, I see no login prompt on the screen. It's been a long time since I've worked at this level in UNIX, what do I need to configure to be able to log in at screen & keyboard as well as via ttya and ssh? I suspect I have to do something to ensure getty runs.

  -- Chris

Sent from my iPad